Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Germans Are Really Nice: Part 1

Arrival in Berlin



Part 1:
The hardest part of the flight was sitting for ten straight hours on the United plane, in the center seat, right between an old German couple and a young German couple. It was during the 10 hour flight, sitting between the two couples speaking German to each other and understanding about 2 words the entire time that I realized, “Wow, I’m REALLY going to Germany.”

After I got off my plane at Tegel Airport, I rushed down to the baggage claim. I had 2 huge suitcases and 1 duffel bad, so I badly needed to get one of those cart things to push my luggage in. Unfortunately, the cart required 1 Euro, which is a coin (I didn't know that at the time), that you must push into the cart’s coin slot to unlock it. But all I had was a 5 Euro bill, which obviously wouldn’t work. And there was NO WAY I could carry all my luggage by myself. But luckily for me, this nice German lady saw me looking confused and gave me 1 Euro. ☺

No comments: